Thursday 8 March 2012

Why Am I Writing A Blog? The Disclaimer


Because:
I can.
Its something I enjoy.
I love writing about shit that happens to me/stories I find funny/things I remember
Its therapeutic
Other friends have blogs as well and I like to share things with them like they’ve done with me.

So, do I tell you everything?

Nope. Of course I don’t, I tell you what I’m comfortable with you knowing. It mustn’t be assumed that I put myself on a plate for online vultures, because I don’t. There are several elephants in several rooms I choose not to share just because I don’t want to. Strictly speaking I don’t feed elephants to vultures.

Generally speaking, few people truly know everything about any given person, and while I’m honest and open about things on here which some people have found questionable, not many know everything, and that’s the way it is and ought to be. I have discussed the scrapings of the bun mixture.

 Essentially, I could’ve been anyone I wanted on here, I could create a whole new persona, but I haven’t. I could be an intellectualist, a plastic girl, phantom of the opera, anything. I chose to just be me really and to be frank I can’t be bothered to be anything else. I’m not going to pretend I’m a goddess of knowledge as I find it pretentious, nor am I just another dumb blonde. I’m sort of normal, though some who know me better may beg to differ.

I’m really surprised so many people have actually read what I write and have been told that people like the frankness and honesty. The thing is I’ve always thought people should be honest anyway. When did it become an unusual thing? If you tell others where they stand without pretence, fakery or whatever else people like doing these days then chances are they’ll like you. It annoys me when people live their lives with hidden agendas, or go behind other’s backs. Basically what I don’t like is people being two-faced, even though everyone’s a bit like that sometimes. Just be straight (or gay, or bi, or whatever else you might be) with me and its good times. Its likely the same for everyone else too I’m assuming.

On this blog I'll only ever tell the truth (Sorry Professor, I must not tell lies [HP reference] ), though of course a diluted version and will be fair to myself and others. Largely speaking it is intended to be a light hearted attempt to write about sometimes deep stuff. And if it isn’t your cuppa, don’t force-feed yourself the tea. Simples.

No comments:

Post a Comment