Saturday 3 March 2012

Being 5 again.


I was talking to my driving instructor the other day about our earliest childhood memories, before getting to a massive roundabout and cutting all conversation due to fear.

Its weird what your brain chooses to remember. I mean, I don’t remember my first day at school, but I do remember nursery, and weird things that happened there like getting a purple mouse stamp from the headteacher, arguing that the Billy Goats Gruff consisted of a mum a dad and a baby goat in front of EVERYONE (which is actually wrong! Haha), looking for my cousin who was hiding because she weed herself, telling my Dad that I would love my  4 year old ‘boyfriend’ Ahmed forever and other stuff.

I also remember demanding to smell my Mum’s hands after she came back from the loo once, because I ‘had to check these things’. I was eating jam on toast at the time. I remember this awful jumper I had to wear of which there were MANY. 90s kids did not, and will not ever be perceived as dressed in a cool way.
I also remember going to my Grandma Rowe’s every week for tea (which still happens :D) and always having angel delight for pudding. So tonight, I dug to the back of my cupboard and found some and made it.

 Instantly 5 again!

It’s weird that when you’re little you don’t know what the stand out moments are supposed to be, so you just remember the funny, random stuff. I sometimes wish I could do it all again- then I remember my teenage years and think again... D:

1 comment: