Sunday 4 March 2012

Burning Money


So on a break from a colossal breakthrough on the Big D (which is 'Dissertation' before anyone thinks it's some kind of reference to a penis like my cousin did last week) I was wondering, does anyone else go in weird phases of spending money?

Sometimes when I know I really shouldn’t be spending money I just do it anyway! Like this month our bill came through and it was PAINFUL I mean really OUCH! But I still went out the week before it came and blew 100 quid on clothes in Leeds, and this is a student speaking!! (Oops did I let us down?)
Having said that, I’ve never had an overdraft facility on my account so I know I can be careful when I need to be. I do have a job and recently got 2 pay rises in one month (yes, I KNOW!! Lucky me J) so that has helped my habits considerably.

I do have a lot of clothes, 21 dresses alone, then skirts and shorts and shirts and jackets and tops and scarves (they have their own drawer – getting serious there), and of course, shoes, which I’m remarkably not bothered about, strangely. I’m not that bothered about anything flashy or designer. 

Give me a spree in H&M and I’m YOURS.

Anyway, I’m going to have to reign it in the next few months seeing as me and the ladies are going on one of those holidays abroad where you get pissed a lot before important things in your life happen. Like, hmm being a teacher for example. Its actually quite weird that some people out there will only be a year older than the oldest kids I’ll end up teaching. Ew. We’ll basically be like the Inbetweeners, but without paying 50 euros for crapping on the floor, the bad dancing, or being eaten by ants whilst passed out, and we’ll be girls not boys. That’s the plan anyway. We don’t know where we’re jetting to yet, but sun, sea, and a dose of the male variety would do us all nicely!

We’re all totally different, actually there is 5 of us so we could be like the Spice Girls but a really shit version? I think I’d be Sunburnt Spice! That actually is a serious possibility, I can’t be skedaddling without my Factor 40. Maybe we could call ourselves Five Spice, like from out of your kitchen cupboard…

1 comment:

  1. don't worry, you're not the only one who goes on random spending sprees :)

    ReplyDelete