Friday 1 June 2012

Thankyou and Goodnight


I keep getting these weird moments where I go all funny about the end of uni.

Like in my last exam whilst I was writing I kept having weird flashbacks of the last 3 years and while I was sitting at our table for the grad ball I just thought how much I didn’t want to lose touch with those I was sat with. I wanted to say so much to each of them about how much they meant to me and about what we’ve each been through but of course its just so cheesy so I thought this would suffice instead. (Please bear in mind I’m tipsy and its after 3am…)

I can’t actually describe what the last 3 years has meant to me but I’d like to say that my biggest regret is that it didn’t last longer. Every single person I’ve met, without exception has been a privilege to meet and I wish everyone the greatest success in whatever they decide to do, even if they haven’t graduated yet!! (ahem Rosie – and of course others!) This has hands down been the best three years of my life and I have learned so much about myself. There have been major ups, major downs, major stresses and major hangovers but thankyou so much to every single person who listened, laughed with and at me, passed me tissues when the old ones got filled with snot, and took pictures of the best moments, and created them with me. I don’t regret meeting a soul, I truly mean that. Life’s too short for petty arguments, ain’t nobody got time fo’dat!

I suppose that I’ve been truly myself with my uni friends which I can’t say I feel is possible in all other areas of my life. There’s sometimes that weird thing where people just don’t get you which I sometimes think people feel like with me.

However, although I don’t really know how others perceive me, I hope that my sort of existence in univille has been of at least a little importance for some people. Thanks so much to everyone for making my time at uni so memorable and I hope to God you don’t end up just another face on Facebook. I love you lot.
And I’m going to bed now. Word vomit terminated.

2 comments:

  1. word vomit... aint no body got time for dat :) xx except us :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a privilege getting to know you for the last three years at Uni Olivia! :) xx

    ReplyDelete