Friday 22 June 2012

Day 2: Tuuunes!

So day 2 and the subject is my 3 favourite songs. This was a lot harder to do than I imagined because obviously I know thousands of songs, may of which are amazing as they remind me of times, places and people and are generally good songs. But these songs are my favourite of the moment so you'll just have to make do with what's here:
  • The Chain by Fleetwood Mac. I love this song for various reasons. Firstly because it reminds me of being a child as my Dad used to play this song, secondly because it is just a good song that builds up and up and they don't really make music anymore that strikes me in the same way as that song, and thirdly because some of my uni mates share a mutual appreciation of the song which makes us go a bit nuts when it comes on, and its in my nature to go a bit nuts sometimes!! 
  • Borders by The Sunshine Underground. This is just a bloody good song. Its so catchy and whenever it comes on I again go a bit mental. Its my favorite TSU song and I like how the lyrics come across really clearly while the tune is still pretty upbeat and there's a lot of other things going on. 
  • When We Wake by Blood Red Shoes. This song is so simple. It has a handful of lyrics that are repeated while the music builds up behind it so it puts across the message of the song really strongly. I think Laura-Mary's voice is so beautiful at the start of the song and its a tone you don't hear much of in the rest of the album as most of it is loud and crazy and guitar filled.

So that's it folks! I hope you enjoyed my post, even if you totally disagree with me! I felt so bad for missing out some of my other favourite songs but feel pretty happy with my choices.



No comments:

Post a Comment