Monday 27 February 2012

Tattoo broodiness, and my day, sort of...

Soooo tired today, only had about 1 and a half hours sleep last night being up doing loads of work, and had an hour's Skyping with my sister who I miss millions! We were discussing tattoo ideas as I've decided I'd like another one. My current favourite ideas are 3 small silhouetted swallows on the ankle and before you say 'oh yeah bit of a cliche' its really symbolic to me. Each swallow represents an immediate family member that has supported me through all the bad stuff from me being younger, and its a reminder to just let go of my fears and worries and embrace my future because I'm sort of teetering on the edge of it and I need to just jump off the big scary diving board into the next part of my life. Obviously things are a bit up in the air at the moment, and clearly I'm not writing an intellectual blog, I do wear my heart on my sleeve and that's why I'm literally spewing my thoughts into a laptop, but I really feel that whilst it will be small and pretty, its a life lesson I need to learn. Just do life. Do it! Stop worrying, because nothing's guaranteed, and while I'm probably not going to end up a marine biologist with 5 seal children, I have a rough guide to where my life's going which is more than some. Me and the sister were also discussing getting matching tattoos because coincidentally she's been wanting the same thing. I'll probably get mine anyway, but whilst it might be a bit cheesy I think it'd be nice to have a little ink link to my sister from the same mister.

I already have one tattoo of the word 'Agape' on my wrist. This is a Greek word although I have the Latin spelling, with a small heart just above the end of the word, to symbolise me wearing my heart on my sleeve. Agape is one of four types of Greek love, and has loosely Christian connotations. It is the unconditional love such as God has for humanity, and I love the meaning behind it. Having been brought up Catholic it reflects my heritage but without being overtly religious. I do believe in God though I don't practice any particular faith, but its a lovely message to live your life by.

I love staying up all night because I love the quiet and stillness of it, and I love watching the hours go by. The only problem though is functioning the next day, which was achieved by sheer will power, oh, and a cheeky can of Relentless. Careful make up application on days like this are crucial, because essentially, make up creates features on my face, never mind enhancing them. I look like a boiled egg with eyes drawn on without my make up on. It hides the red rimmed eyes created by Descartes' Meditations, although Buddhism was an equal offender last night.

Anyway, I caught up with a really good friend today which was decidedly glorious seeing as I haven't seen her in so long. We had a long chat about everything and it was actually the highlight of my day, I love little things like that. I love that girl! I can go without seeing her in ages but its always so easy to catch up :) I'm now back home in bed waiting to catch up on sleep, ahhh glorious! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment