Tuesday 28 February 2012

Girls, bitchiness, and the benefits of the lack of it

Its one of my best friend's 21sts today and we're having a girls' night at hers.
It sort of led me to think about how girls are round each other, and having been to an all girl's Catholic school for 7 years, lived with only women (apart from Dad) until uni, and had only female cousins most of my life I know many different ways they interact!

I'm so glad I don't know many bitchy girls because I truly can't stand it. I hate backstabbing and two facedness so so much, I saw a fair share of it at school, though not as much as you may expect from 1000 girls in close confinement for 7 years. Even so, the minority could really put people down.

I don't know when it happens, but it seems that girls just get over it. Most do anyway. The ones that are left tend to end up boyfriend stealers, desperate, or just with no friends, or in a group of friends where everyone hates them anyway, or a combination of all the above! And usually orange, with dead spiders, oops my bad I mean false lashes (!) above their eyes, though not always.

The point I'm basically making is that all my friends are bloody fantastic which I've re-realised recently - again! They're about when you need them, and not just to get wasted (that too) but properly to talk and stuff. I hope they could say the same about me! Having spent so much time in male company in the last 3 years in comparison to the previous 18 years, I'd sort of forgotten how amazing we can all be for each other. Of course, I have great friends from school days, but we have truly grown up together at uni. Its such a formative time in our lives and we've all changed from late stage adolescents into women in our twenties. I'll never forget this time in my life, its been the best time in my life, there's been more than a testing time or two, but from Academy Wednesdays, drinks in Headingley, about 170000 Sicily's orders with my phone voice on, the best and worst lectures ever, break ups, make ups, and new men (and women) for us all round, bill dramas, piecing together what actually happened the night before, water fights, debates over holiday bookings, housing contracts and far far more it really has been the time I properly grew up, although I like to think there's a bit of me that won't leave Neverland.

So yeah basically, whatever friend group I'm on about, I love them all, especially the girls! God I sound like a Spice Girl's fan with all the girl power going on! And I hope Tanya has a swish night this eve - best go, the straighteners and war paint beckon! Adieu :)

No comments:

Post a Comment