Wednesday 2 May 2012

Dawning Realisation


The moment you realise that the yogurt you just bought goes out of date a whole week after your dissertation is due is the moment it dawns on you that you’ve fucked up a bit :/

Spent a whole day in the library yesterday which was so what I needed! Got almost a whole section done which I’ve finished this afternoon and I’m carrying on well into this eve.

Basically, I think I’ve done uni backwards! I’ve been on more nights out this semester than I did in the whole of second year. I think I discovered my youth just as I have to get serious about an actual long-term career goal, and while its settling in that that will actually happen, it’s a bit of a shame that I didn’t do all this back in the day! Of course, there were other things going on which was amazing and I don’t regret them one bit but I waited till uni before going out at all which was such a waste!


VERSUS


Serious me is winning this week I'm getting loads done, its just evermore tempting to go out when you know you can't!!

Emily (my mutual wing man - though perhaps not for much longer...) and I were trying to put together a list of all the places we’ve been in Leeds over the last three years, and for three whole years it’s a little poor to be honest!! Here’s my list that makes me sound like an indie whore (which I'm sometimes not!):
  • O2 Academy – standard for all Trinity people. Prefer Propaganda to Vodka Nationwide.
  • Wire – Pure undiluted LUST for this place J [read: fit indie boys] but seriously I love it!
  • Revolution – all of them are ok…
  • Cockpit - went on an indie night - but was massively overrated and nearly empty!
  • Fire – go for cheap shots, and then LEAVE
  • Queen’s Court - good craic!
  • OK Karaoke - yeyah! lotsa of fun, both in booths and in main room, need to be a bit pissed though!
  • Fibre
  • Walkabout
  • Tiger Tiger - not again.
  • Carpe Diem – quite like this place, espesh on Open mic night
  • Fab CafĂ© – yes yes YEHEHES! Geek central and they do an indie night on Saturdays – result!
  • Mission
  • Oceana – DIRE
  • Evo – possible worse than dire. Bit rapey!
  • Halo


Then of course pubs:
  • The Arc
  • Headingley Taps
  • Old Ball
  • Trios
  • The Box
  • Woodies
  • Skyrack
  • Original Oak
  • The Hyde Park
  • The Library
  • Dry Docks


Well I’ll soon be saying farewell to my student life – guess you don’t miss the water till the well runs dry! Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to academically bitchslap my dissertation in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment