Thursday 12 July 2012

Leaving Retirement!


I’m coming out of retirement, and I cannot be fucked with the old blog challenge thing btw before anyone asks. I’m too busy to be doing it everyday!!

I’ve had a busy couple of weeks, worked a bit, gained a 2:1 degree, gained a housemate, been burgled (again), passed my driving test, y’know the usual..

Also went to a PGCE welcome meeting which was really good, feeling so excited to start my course now, and far less scared. Everyone seems really nice on the course which is really reassuring!

Having got my driving licence I can now afford to actually do stuff from next month which is really good, and I’m going on holiday in August so I’m looking forward to that too!

I’ve spent loads of times with my friends too, adding Josh, Ash and Gareth to our blend of girliness at no. 29 which has been a good laugh. Seeing all my friends trying to get jobs has kind of opened my eyes to the fact that having a degree doesn’t necessarily make getting a job easier, as well as the fact that huge amounts of debt accrue over the course of a degree. For many people I think getting a degree is a way of putting off entering the real world because it has felt a bit like being in sixth form but without your mum around. I have to say that if I didn’t want to be a teacher I don’t think it would have helped me a great deal. Of course I have loved uni, so much and I’ve learned so much more than academic knowledge, and really I think these things are just as important to being well rounded individuals. So for me, no regrets really, although knowing the PGCE will cost 9k does make me wince a little when reading Student Finance correspondence.

No comments:

Post a Comment